Monday, December 7, 2009

It's been a while!

I know, I'm a slacker. But I have some cute pics to post, and another recipe discovery!! First for the cuteness:

I took this picture right before church yesterday. Kyle is OBSESSED with Elmo, so he insists on wearing his slippers any chance he gets. Nothing says Sunday best like big red monsters on your feet!




This picture was taken probably over a month ago. Kyle had just gotten a haircut (which he hates, but he likes the bath afterward), and he was doing his evil face again. I can't figure out why he does that!


And now for some yummy. Last night I wanted something sweet and crunchy, and I thought that I might pass out without kettle corn, but the microwave stuff is totally sub-par. So, to those of you who have Stir-Crazy popcorn poppers (and I know several of you do), here is a recipe for homemade kettle corn that you can do in your popper.
Put the following ingredients in your popper, and pop like normal, but be careful! The melted sugar makes the popcorn way hotter than normal when you flip it over. Enjoy!!
1/2 c. popcorn seeds
1/4 c. oil (I hear butter flavored oil is the best for kettle corn)
1/4 c. sugar
Remember to salt it afterward!
Hope everyone is having a great holiday season. Love to all!


2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi there! It has been a while since you posted, but when you do it is so fun. Kyle is growing up so fast and he is sooo cute - love the Elmo slippers! I do a mean, evil face also, just ask Jessica about it - she hates it, so, it's in the genes. Can't wait to try the popcorn, that's my favorite treat - I know you should have been mine! Love you, Aunt Barb

Karen Beth said...

Oh my goodness. Those pictures are so cute. I love them. Thanks for the recipe also. It looks yummy.

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers